7/30/08

Home again, home again, jiggity jig

I'm in post-vacation mode. You know, glad to be home, until I realize I have two weeks' worth of laundry to do, the kids have "helped" with the unpacking, there's no food in the house, and I'm too tired to do anything. So, I blog.


We had a great vacation to New Mexico. It doesn't always seem like a vacation to spend 11 hours in the car each way, with crying kids (no Zeke does NOT sleep well in the car), but it was worth the drive. My good friend Megan got married, which meant all her sisters AND Amy Chaston were in town for the event--it was quite the girl party when we got together. Plus, what could be more fun than frosting two hundred cupcakes and at least that many brownies, and getting to wear a white apron for the wedding reception?


Sammy and Riley loved Grandma and Grandpa's house: foosball, movies galore, pancakes for breakfast, their own bedroom with "new" toys, a treasure box that provided a treat every day, and a big basement where parents rarely ventured. I'm not sure why we bothered going swimming or to the museum--they had more fun staying home. However, the fishing trip with Grandpa was well worth the time and money, even considering that the four fish they caught tasted, well, exactly like mud. Sammy said it was the most delicious fish he'd ever eaten, so the rest of us let him eat it. Riley liked fishing for the first 10 or 15 minutes, then he discovered the snacks we had brought. Anyway, huge thanks to two grandparents who know how to entertain little boys. And thanks to Melissa, who took care of them a ton as well.


Then there was Zeke, who was teething or something half the time we were there. Grandma and Grandpa must think he's a fussy baby, which he's really not. He didn't even sleep through the night most of the time. But he's back to normal now that we're home. He did manage a few big grins on the trip, though (see the slideshow).


Don't you wish you'd been there?

3 comments:

just dandee said...

Sounds and looks like you guys had a wonderful time. I LOVE the slideshow. Great fishing pictures. No fun for Zeke (teething). Tate got one of his fang teeth this last week and he did not like it at all. It actually was really sad to see him in so much pain. Before I finished reading your post, I was watching the slideshow and thought that Zeke looked like quite a happy baby. He always has such a BIG happy open-mouth grin in every picture. Those darn teeth. I am sure grateful I do not remember growing mine. See you Friday!

Emily said...

I do wish I had been there. I hope Megan's enjoying married life ;)

The Moyers said...

Your little boys are just the cutest!!! It looks like a fun trip. So hard to come back to reality...even if reality is a great place to be!