6/13/08

Six months and growing...HUGE!

Happy six-month birthday, Zeke!

Okay, so it was really eight days ago. I'm a little late. But look at how our little guy has grown. We are so amazed at all he can do, and so grateful for all he can't do (yet). We have enjoyed every single moment of his babyhood.

Before Zeke came into our lives, I realized we were just a wee bit crazy for thinking we could take on another kid. Sammy and Riley keep us busy! But now I am so grateful for the moments of peace he brings into our home. I get time to relax and nurse him, and I often read to the older boys at the same time--instant quiet! I appreciate evenings (after they are in bed) that much more. I get to watch Sammy and Riley stop running around to play with Zeke and see his enthusiastic reaction--he loves their antics. He is a joy in every way.

Unfortunately, I know what comes between six and twelve months--movement! I'm a little nervous about that, too. But we'll get a baby gate up, keep the tiny toys off the floor, and somehow we'll get through. If the first six months is any indication, we will find plenty of unexpected happiness throughout the coming months as well.

I love you, Zeke!

No comments: