6/9/08

Lettuce, Lawn and Losers

Latest goings-on:


  • We went hiking Adam's Canyon with Dan & Deanne's family on Saturday. The boys had a fun time, but we didn't make it all the way to the waterfall (not that we expected to). We took some pictures and will post them up here when we can. Dan saw a rattlesnake -- not on the trail but in the parking lot! We're glad the boys did NOT see it.

  • I got a new calling on Sunday -- Asst Priests Quorum Advisor and Youth Venture Leader. I'll be sad not to be teaching my group on Sundays anymore but I'm starting to look forward to working with the 16-18 year olds and going on camp-outs, hikes, etc.

  • Sammy's busy with T-ball, Riley's busy with plastic swords, Zeke is busy with eating new solid foods (rice, peas, peaches, applesauce) and they're all three busy driving their parents nuts. But we still love 'em.

  • I've been having a good time with the "Biggest Losers" blog -- some of the smack talk has been downright hysterical, and everyone who's participating is having success getting into better shape. Social pressure pays off -- whenever I'm tempted to eat more than I need to, I think about the shame I'll be forced to endure at the hands (or typing fingers) of my fellow Losers.

  • We've got a garden going now, and so far so good. In fact, we're already enjoying two varieties of home-grown lettuce that Christy planted quite a while ago.

  • Our lawn is still giving us headaches & stress. It doesn't look like it yet, but we really are working hard to restore it!
Have a good week.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

So how's my long-lost favorite cousin!? I just found your blog and am so excited! I added your email to my blog list so take a look when you get a chance. Maybe we'll keep in touch a little more this way! Also, please send me Christy's email so that I can add her.