1/11/09

Nice, quiet pictures

Somehow, our computer and the camera decided to get along today. So after you look at the cute pictures on this post, be sure to check out the last one to see Sammy in action.

I have gotten a bit cantankerous in my old age and I enjoy a bit of calm and quiet now and then. Not that I get much, with three troublemakers running around the house. So I usually settle for "happy noise," as long as the boys aren't fighting or destroying things. Still, I have my limits and often try to direct them toward books, Legos, and other relatively quiet activities.

Yesterday morning was an anomaly. The boys found an activity they loved and could do together, so I gave up my lovely quiet morning reading the newspaper and settled for a persistent ringing in my ears. Riley found a wooden spoon and a pot, which got Zeke to coveting. I got out a set for Zeke, which set Sammy to longing. Sammy got out my entire collection of mixing bowls and a several more spoons. Just be grateful that this is a picture, not a video (with sound).

The boys were having so much fun that I didn't mind the risk of going deaf. Zeke even started dancing (kind of) to the great rhythms they were producing. Perhaps this is the next trend for heavy metal music?

Unfortunately, the whole enterprise dissolved after about ten minutes. The overall volume in our home decreased, but the orchestra dissolved into typical Saturday morning chaos which is much more destructive to my sanity. It was great while it lasted.

2 comments:

just dandee said...

I love it. Maybe next time we are over we can get my boys envolved and really get the house rockin!

Amy said...

OH, gotta love banging the pots and pans... it always gives you a nice migraine!